This section is responsible for:
- General Law enforcement
- Attending to incidents and accidents
- Monitor School Points and conduct “Child in Traffic” programmes.
- Regulate traffic flow,
- Escort abnormal loads
- Offer VIP Protection, escorts and assist in events security
This section harbours x2 Motor Licensing Bureau and a Driver’s License Testing Centre units
These units are responsible for:
- Testing for and issuing of Learners Licenses.
- Driver’s License Renewals on behalf of the Department of Transport.
- Vehicle Registrations and Licencing on behalf of the Department of Transport.
- Receipt and Processing of payments in respect of Fines resulting from Traffic Infringements and All other traffic related matters.
The Security sub-section’s mandate is to protect Council’s assets and property including Security at Cash Offices, Electrical Substations, Council Major Buildings and Sites, Municipal Halls, Parks and Sports Facilities, Security at Water Treatment works, Sewage pump stations and related amenities.