Ms Nontsundu Ndonga
Deputy Municipal Manager
City Development (CD) is the City of uMhlathuze department responsible for business development, real estate development, planning, permitting, and public housing.
SECTION: PROPERTY ADMINISTRATION
- Alienation of Council owned properties
- Maintenance of and updating of Fixed Asset Register
- Responsible of rectification transfers
- Responsible for the disposal of Assets through alienation of Council Owned properties
- Granting of Servitude rights
- Responsible for the acquisition of properties
- Monitor illegal use of Council owned properties
- Responsible for leasing of Council owned properties
- Management of Council owned houses
- Processing of Ingonyama Trust application
- Issuing of Valuation Certificates
- Responsible for the production of Valuation Roll and maintenance
- Inspection of properties for amendments i.e. consolidation, subdivisions, omissions, new properties, improvements etc.
- Publishing of Section 49 letters ( per MPRA) and reviews
SECTION: HUMAN SETTLEMENTS
This section is responsible for:
- Housing Consumer Education whereby all uMhlathuze residents is educated or made aware about all issues that concern them. These could include education on water savings, issues of waste management etc.
- Tenant Awareness Programmes - This program focuses on hostel tenants in the main and also involves educating tenants on a variety of issues that concern them.
- Handling the issues pertaining to housing subsidies. This will include assisting tenants who want RDP houses, people who want to buy houses through financial institutions, applications related to acquiring a house and so forth.
- National Housing Needs Register – Managing the National register for the City of uMhlathuze, a register recording details of people who require RDP houses.
- Rental Housing Tribunal – This section assists in the issues of tenant landlord relationship, extending to resolving issues between the mentioned parties. The issues could extend to matters of payments/non-payments, ill-treatment of the other party and so forth.
- Managing the Enhanced Extended Discount Benefit Scheme
SECTION: PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Section is entrusted amongst others with the following responsibilities:
- Development and review of public transport related policies;
- Development and management of public transport / intermodal facilities;
- liaison with public transport operators and other role-players;
- Administering and processing of operating licenses applications;
- Coordinate Council’s routine and periodical maintenance programmes; and
- Promotion of Transportation Committees.
LAND USE MANAGEMENT SECTION
Land Use Management Section is responsible for Development Control and Building Management and control
- Handling and processing of Special Consent Applications
- Handing and processing of Formal Authority Applications
- Handling and processing of relaxation Building Line; Side and Rear Spaces Applications
- Maintenance and Review of uMhlathuze Land Use Scheme
Building Management and Control
- Building Plans Approvals
- Excavation Inspections
- Damp proof course inspections
- Drainage inspection
- Issuing of Occupation Certification