Deputy Municipal Manager - Corporate Services
Ms Senamile Masondo
Corporate Services involves activities that combine or consolidate certain enterprise-wide needed support services, provided based on specialized knowledge, best practices, and technology to serve internal, external customers and business partners.
SECTION: HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATION
This section is responsibility is to:
- Develop policies, processes and procedure guidelines regarding the uMhlathuze’s employee benefits, recruitment and selection functions;
- Perform Employee Records Management, Leave Management and Employment Equity and ensure the correct implementation thereof.
- Ensuring compliance with the Bargaining Council directives, Conditions of Service issues and the implementation of Council Resolutions and application of legislative imperatives.
- Facilitating, directing and maintaining the organisational recruitment and appointment of employees.
- Provision of Training and Development which includes running a bursary scheme, induction service for all levels of employment in the City council employ, plant operation training, Adult Education and Training (AET), Asset Management Training, ESRI Building Geodatabases Training, HR Roadshows, Pre-retirement workshops, Occupational Health and Safety / Risk Training, Labour Forum Training (LLF), Artisan / Apprenticeship Training etc:
ORGANISATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND CHANGE MANAGEMENT
This unit aims at improving the overall effectiveness of the organisation through planned, comprehensive and systematic processes. It involves intervening in the processes, structure and culture of the organisation and includes the following functions:
- Organisational Development - aligning the structure of the organisation with its objectives,
- Change Management – managing change and related transitions in the organization
- Conducting productivity and continuous improvement processes - Efficiency studies, Utilisation studies and Feasibility studies.
- Conducting Business process re-engineering - Cause and effect studies; Process analysis and Process improvement and workflow analysis.
- Conduct job evaluation and descriptions function.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY (OHS) MANAGEMENT
The section main responsibility is to:
- Attain the organizational Occupational Health and Safety plan
- Assist City of uMhlathuze employees, employee representatives, supervisors and management to manage the occupational risk exposure, effectively
These responsibilities include:
- Identification of Occupational Risk exposures.
- Develop a management system that is OHSAS 18001compliant to manage the occupational risks
- Communicate the system and standards to all.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Occupational Health and Safety management system.
SECTION: LEGAL SERVICES SECTION
This section is responsible for:
- Managing the provision of a comprehensive, efficient and effective legal service to the Municipality,
- Safeguarding Municipality's interests in all legally related matters and to ensure that all the Municipality's operations are conducted within the parameters of the law.
- Strengthening the capacity of the Municipality to fulfil its mandate as stipulated in terms of Sections 152 and 153 of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 and other applicable legislations.
- Providing a supportive and advisory role to the Municipality in order to fulfill its objectives
- Enhancing organisational efficiency by promoting an environment that complies with corporate governance which enables the Municipality to achieve its objectives
- Responsibilities spread over Legal Agreements, Conveyancing, Business Licenses, ICT functioning
SECTION: DIVERSE ADMINISTRATION SECTION
The Section consists of four (4) Components, i.e Call Centre and Customer Service Desk, Facilities Management, Secretariat Services and Registry
CUSTOMER SERVICES DESK
- Applications of water and electricity connections,
- Upgrading and downgrading of electricity phases and water metres,
- Directing the customers to relevant officials
- Issue tender documents once they have been paid for.
- Attend to walk in customers
- Register all the service delivery complaints.
The switchboard operates main line 035 907 5000, screening and transferring calls to the relevant officials
The overall function of this section is to:
- Enhance the quality of Physical Facilities. this is achieved through planning, designs, engineering, construction and maintenance in a responsive service oriented, effectiveness and environmental conscious manner.
- Reducing cost, controlling risk, increasing flexibility, changing culture, Marketing and Public Relations Centralizing planning and management
- Increase collaboration between departments
- Establish an enterprise-wide strategy master planning process
- Conduct an inventory and assessment of current buildings/space
- To provide administrative and secretariat support in respect of Council Committees. This includes:
- Scheduling of all meetings of Council and its Committees, proof reading and compilation of all agendas, coordination of all reports that are created and ultimately submitted to Council for final approval as well as minuting of all meetings.
- Convey Council resolutions to user departments to ensure that resolutions are actioned accordingly.
- Provide support to a number of internal committees (MANCO, Management Team, Information Communication Technology and Steering Committee, Enterprise Risk Management etc.
- Booking and control of venues for meetings, use of the Auditorium and Restaurant venues is also controlled and managed by this section.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND COUNCIL SUPPORT
- This unit focuses on the capacitation of Councillors.
- Ensure organised and structured manner in which the Municipality communicates and or consults the community on their developmental needs, so that intervention programmes can target real community needs.
- The unit focuses on championing the interests of people living with disabilities, the women sector, youth sector, inter cultural inter-generational dialogue and senior citizens.
The purpose of Records Management is to:
- Ensure that the management of all the municipal records are in accordance with the records management principles contained in the National Archives and Records Service Act 196.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail and is responsible for ensuring that there is proper records management in place.
- Circulate mail to the Deputy Municipal Manager: Corporate Services for allocation to various departments and also circulated to Municipal Manager to noting.
Office : First floor C134 Civic center