The Section consists of four (4) Components, i.e Call Centre and Customer Service Desk, Facilities Management, Secretariat Services and Registry
CUSTOMER SERVICES DESK
- Applications of water and electricity connections,
- Upgrading and downgrading of electricity phases and water metres,
- Directing the customers to relevant officials
- Issue tender documents once they have been paid for.
- Attend to walk in customers
- Register all the service delivery complaints.
The switchboard operates main line 035 907 5000, screening and transferring calls to the relevant officials
The overall function of this section is to:
- Enhance the quality of Physical Facilities. this is achieved through planning, designs, engineering, construction and maintenance in a responsive service oriented, effectiveness and environmental conscious manner.
- Reducing cost, controlling risk, increasing flexibility, changing culture, Marketing and Public Relations Centralizing planning and management
- Increase collaboration between departments
- Establish an enterprise-wide strategy master planning process
- Conduct an inventory and assessment of current buildings/space
- To provide administrative and secretariat support in respect of Council Committees. This includes:
- Scheduling of all meetings of Council and its Committees, proof reading and compilation of all agendas, coordination of all reports that are created and ultimately submitted to Council for final approval as well as minuting of all meetings.
- Convey Council resolutions to user departments to ensure that resolutions are actioned accordingly.
- Provide support to a number of internal committees (MANCO, Management Team, Information Communication Technology and Steering Committee, Enterprise Risk Management etc.
- Booking and control of venues for meetings, use of the Auditorium and Restaurant venues is also controlled and managed by this section.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AND COUNCIL SUPPORT
- This unit focuses on the capacitation of Councillors.
- Ensure organised and structured manner in which the Municipality communicates and or consults the community on their developmental needs, so that intervention programmes can target real community needs.
- The unit focuses on championing the interests of people living with disabilities, the women sector, youth sector, inter cultural inter-generational dialogue and senior citizens.
The purpose of Records Management is to:
- Ensure that the management of all the municipal records are in accordance with the records management principles contained in the National Archives and Records Service Act 196.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail and is responsible for ensuring that there is proper records management in place.
- Circulate mail to the Deputy Municipal Manager: Corporate Services for allocation to various departments and also circulated to Municipal Manager to noting.