Government calls upon all citizens to observe the following as Call to Action:
1. Take a picture with a person you deem your human treasure, living heritage or living legend. Post pictures on social media platforms with the #LivingMyHeritage & #HeritageMonth.
2. Heritage Fridays: All South African citizens are encouraged wear their traditional attires every Friday to celebrate Heritage Month. Post pictures on social media platforms. #LivingMyHeritage & #HeritageMonth
3. Asserting our African Identity: Learn a new African language, idioms, proverbs, indigenous games and etc. Share your learnings as widely as you can.
Toolkit to consist of:
1. Key Messages
· Communicators are encouraged to utilise provided Key Messages for all media engagements activities.
2. Call to action concept
· Kindly use the attached concept document as a guide on how to support and participate in the Call to Action.
3. Updated social media banners
· Update of social media banners, with hashtags and repositioning of text to allow Profile Picture visibility. Kindly update accordingly.
4. Heritage Friday Electronic banner
· Kindly use the attached banner to mobilise for Heritage Fridays, especially for internal events in your organisations.