This section is responsible for:
- Managing the provision of a comprehensive, efficient and effective legal service to the Municipality,
- Safeguarding Municipality's interests in all legally related matters and to ensure that all the Municipality's operations are conducted within the parameters of the law.
- Strengthening the capacity of the Municipality to fulfil its mandate as stipulated in terms of Sections 152 and 153 of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 and other applicable legislations.
- Providing a supportive and advisory role to the Municipality in order to fulfill its objectives
- Enhancing organisational efficiency by promoting an environment that complies with corporate governance which enables the Municipality to achieve its objectives
- Responsibilities spread over Legal Agreements, Conveyancing, Business Licenses, ICT functioning