Integrated Development Planning unit is one of the transversal units housed in the office of the Municipal Manager. This section functions are performed in collaboration with all other line departments
The subsection’s primary function includes:
- facilitation and coordinating the development of the Integrated Development Plan
- facilitating and coordinating the development of the Corporate Plan and
The section’s key priority is to:
- To continually improve the credibility of the Municipal Integrated Development plan, by championing the development of Sectoral Plans in an integrated and logical process.
- To ensure alignment between IDP, Budget and Performance Management and that all projects within the IDP are implemented for the betterment of people's lives.
This subsection has established certain structures in endeavour to achieving proper co-ordination; structures like the IDP Steering Committee. This subsection currently displays the following achievements
- The 2015/2016 City of uMhlathuze IDP was rated as one of the Most Credible IDP's amongst the 61 KZN Municipalities. The MEC for Cogta recognised such achievement with an award to uMhlathuze Municipality for producing an IDP that has remained in the Top Ten and Most Credible IDP in KZN for 3 consecutive years.
- Recognition by the National Treasury, through Benchmarking Exercises have commended the municipality for producing an IDP that aligns with Government priorities and most importantly our Municipal Budget as well being fully aligned to the IDP.