1. BILLING, REPORTING, TARIFF MAINTENANCE AND METERED SERVICES
- Meter readings and processing (Sending and receipt of bulk data files).
- Reporting (Reports published on Council Website and transmitted to Government Entities).
- Statistics (Reports published on Council Website and transmitted to Government Entities).
- Billing (Remote access to system/server is required).
- Account production and processing (Sending and receipt of large data files i.e. FTP or Drop-Box. Web Browser based publishing of monthly statements and payment portal).
- Systems Administration (Service providers need remote access from time-to-time).
- Pre-Payment sales and 3rd party Vending (Web browser based application).
2. CUSTOMER RELATION MANAGEMENT
- CRM comprises of 4 sub-division (1) Enquiries (2) Correspondence (3) Cashiers (4) Super vending.
- Enquiries & Correspondence
- Processing of opening, termination of consumer accounts
- Refund Requests on terminated & active accounts
- Accounts Enquiries, telephones enquires and act as Advisory desk
- Handling of all incoming and outgoing correspondence with regards to account enquiries(correspondence)
- Cashiers & Super-vending
- Prepayment sales, Accounts payments
- Balancing , Banking & Handling of cash related enquiries
- Third party vending
3.CREDIT CONTROL, DEBT COLLECTION AND INDIGENT SUPPORT
This subsection is responsible for
- Handling of Arrears Accounts
- Performing the following Credit Control actions in respect of customers with arrear accounts:
- Sending SMS & final request messages
- Performing Electricity Disconnections & Water Restrictions.
- Raising Credit Control Charges on Debtor accounts
- Performing Debt Collection actions including sending final Demand Notices
- Raising Debt Collection Charges on Debtor accounts
- Liaising with all types of customers regarding payment of their accounts
- Managing the Indigent Register & Performing Investigations to confirm the Indigency status of customers.
- Reporting to Council & National Treasury